Ace Casual Furniture is seeking a Controller to join their team in Wayzata, MN. The Controller will plan, direct, and/or coordinate accounting, finance, financial analysis, EDI, international operations, banking, payroll, insurance, and other financial activities of the company under the direction of the Controller with the purpose of helping the company achieve its goals and objectives. The Controller will be responsible for building a strong finance and accounting team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities and personnel in the preparation of reports on the company’s current financial activity and forecasted position for both internal and external stakeholders in accordance with GAAP.
- Analyzes and evaluates actual financial and operational results with current business environment, compares to budget or plan, recommends corrective actions to help company achieve its goals and objectives.
- Performs month-end/year-end closing process including all intercompany accounts, account reconciliations, commissions, royalties and other related procedures necessary to accurately close the period in a timely manner.
- Interprets current policies, procedures, and practices and implements new operating procedures to improve efficiency, communication, internal controls in accordance with GAAP, and to minimize and/or reduce costs.
- Plans, directs and/or coordinates activities and personnel in the Accounts Payable and Cash Disbursement procedures and practices to ensure accurate and timely recording of all liabilities and obligations of the company and payment thereof.
- Plans, directs, and/or coordinates activities and personnel in Cash Application of customer payments and reviewing, granting, and extending credit limits and collection procedures and practices for new and existing customers.
- Establishes procedures and practices for custody and control of assets, records, and loan collateral to ensure proper and accurate record keeping in accordance with GAAP.
- Plans, directs, and/or coordinates activities and personnel in the preparation of customer, department, and company financial budgets and control procedures and practices under the direction of the CEO, and other senior executive managers.
- Manage international activities including obtaining letters of credit and expansion into other countries.
- Manage financial aspects of compliance with customer standards including EDI, shipping and chargebacks.
Other Job Functions:
- Analyzes departmental activities, assists in establishing key performance indicators, coordinates the measurement, and reports results back to internal stakeholders to help improve the company performance.
- Updates and maintains the company’s budgeting and forecasting models including cash projections.
- Investigates and reports on product costing anomalies and other costing issues to insure accurate costing.
- Provides support and assistance to departmental managers and staff on best practices and procedures from a financial perspective when requested.
- Provide information to outside auditors and tax consultants for year end financials and tax planning and preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution industry and strong cost accounting skills
- Strong knowledge of JD Edwards ERP system
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge and skills
- 10 years of experience with 5 years with multiple direct staff reports and supervision
- CPA and/or MBA not required but helpful
- Experience working with big box retailers (preferred not required)
- Detail orientated
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent cross functional – departmental team player
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent computer skills especially with Word, Outlook, and other Microsoft Office suites applications
Job Type: Full-time
- BA or BS in Accounting or Finance
- Accounting: 10 years
- Finance: 10 years
- Consumer Product: 10 years