This role will be a hybrid of a front end account manager and execution/project management.
Our account manager will need to visualize the big picture and understand all the little things that must come together to achieve a desired sales outcome. You do not need to be an expert in the art of sales, but you do need to understand sales strategy and how a sale is made. To accomplish this, your communication skills are key. You must be comfortable talking with all levels of the organization to understand various perspectives and gain support for the project/sale. Organizational and planning skills are also imperative, including the ability to plan how each piece fits with the other pieces. You must create a team environment and have excellent conflict management and negotiation skills. You must possess leadership and confidence, because some project deliverables may run counter to traditional company practices.
Account Manager Job Duties:
- Implements sales programs by developing sales/client short and long term plans for regional accounts and special product lines or joint ventures.
- Establishes sales forecasts by creating annual sales objectives quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Support company goals for annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends creating and executing on objectives to dive results.
- Ensures present level of sales volume, product mix, and selling price are maintained or improved upon by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Supports the establishment of selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of achieving challenging goals
- Strong negotiations background
- History of understanding and meeting customers’ needs and aligning them with company capabilities
- Self-motivated and driven personality
- Experienced in sales planning, forecasting, budgeting
- Naturally able to build strong relationships
- Able to create and managing to a standardized process
- Good understanding of furniture market knowledge
- Willing to travel up to 50% of time
- BS degree in Business; individuals without a degree must have proven equivalent experience in sales with furniture products or technology.